June 26-28, 2018 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Join us as we head east to the “Point” of confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers, in the transformed “Steel City,” Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for the 2018 UCOWR/NIWR Annual Conference.
The Conference Planning Committee invites you to propose a Special Session for the conference. A special session organizers’ role is to propose a relevant and timely topic, recruit speakers to submit abstracts to the session, and moderate the session during the June 2018 Conference. Special sessions can be in the form of a panel discussion, a group of 4 or more oral presentations on a specific topic, or a group of lightning (5 minute) talks followed by group discussion. Multiple session track proposals are welcome. Those interested in organizing and hosting a special session should provide
the following information:
• Title of proposed special session
• A brief description (less than 350 words) stating the importance of the topic and the rationale for the proposed session
• Organizer(s), including contact information
• Type of proposed session(s): panel discussion, full length talks (20 min), or lightning talks (5 min) followed by discussion
• A draft list of presenters (to submit abstracts via the general call for abstracts) and their tentative titles.
The above information should be submitted directly to the Conference Chair, Kevin McGuire (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Technical Program Chair, Bryan Swistock (email@example.com), no later than September 22, 2017.
Proposal for special sessions due: September 22, 2017
Notification of special session acceptance: October 6, 2017
General call for abstracts issued: October 2017
Abstracts due: January 22, 2018
Notification of abstract acceptance: Late February 2018
General questions about the 2018 UCOWR/NIWR Conference can be directed to Karl
Williard (firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Director of UCOWR, or Staci Eakins
(email@example.com), Administrative Assistant, UCOWR.
Want to learn more about UCOWR? Visit our website.