WRC/PNNL SULI Water Internship Program
The State of Washington Water Research Center (WRC) is pleased to be partnering with the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) to offer undergraduate internship opportunities to WSU undergraduates who are interested in water resources.
This new internship experience operates within the existing Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) Program, but aims to facilitate water-related learning opportunities specifically between WSU undergraduates and PNNL researchers.
This internship program takes advantage of the SULI program to provide students with:
- Hands-on experience as research interns. Students will spend 10 weeks (summer term) or 16 weeks (semester term) at a PNNL facility working on a water-related research project under the guidance of a laboratory scientist or engineer.
- A variety of learning opportunities, including enrichment activities, career professional development workshops (e.g. technical and scientific writing skills development, poster, or oral presentation activities, etc.), laboratory tours, scientific lectures and seminars.
- A stipend of $500 per week during the internship period and reimbursement for one round trip domestic travel to the host laboratory (if permanent address is more than 50 miles from the host laboratory).
- Housing information prior to arrival at the host laboratory. In general, housing opportunities will vary from laboratory to laboratory. An allowance is available for participants placed at host laboratories that are unable to offer direct housing arrangements.
This internship program differs from the typical SULI program by:
Ensuring selected students are placed in one of the four PNNL locations (Seattle, WA; Sequim, WA; Richland, WA or Portland, OR). Each facility offers different research opportunities and students are paired to locations that best match their water research interests.
- Eligibility requirements for the State of Washington Water Research Center/PNNL SULI Water Internship Program are the same as those for the SULI program. See SULI Eligibility Requirements
- For additional information about the SULI program, please visit the SULI website: http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/
- For questions about the State of Washington Water Research Center/PNNL SULI Water Internship Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application requirements for the WRC/PNNL SULI Water Internship Program are the same as those for the SULI program.
Students are required to 1) complete the online application form and 2) submit two letters of recommendation. Apply here!
IMPORTANT INFO FOR WSU APPLICANTS:
In your application, you MUST:
- Select Pacific Northwest National Laboratory- Richland, WA as the 1st choice. Note this will not limit you to the Richland, WA facility.
- Include in their Research Interests essay that you are applying to SULI through the WRC/PNNL SULI Water Internship Program.
- Email the WRC once you have submitted (email@example.com) so that we can place your name in the WRC/PNNL SULI internship sub-pool of applications. This step is critical to helping us match you with a PNNL researcher.