The State of Washington Capital Budget for 2013 charged the State of Washington Water Research Center to prepare separate benefit-cost analyses for each of the projects proposed in the 2012 Yakima River Basin Water Resource Management Plan. This report is in response to the legislative charge.
- WRC YBIP research team wins the 2016 Bruce Gardner Prize for Applied Policy Analysis from the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association. https://news.wsu.edu/2016/08/15/national-prize-honors-report-yakima-water-projects/ .
- WRC YBIP research team wins the WSU College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences Team Interdisciplinary Award for 2015. http://cahnrs.wsu.edu/html-email/email/cahnrs-news-march-2016/.
- Yoder, Jonathan, Jennifer Adam, Michael Brady, Joseph Cook, Stephen Katz, Shane Johnston, Keyvan Malek, John McMillan, and Qingqing Yang. In Press 2016. Benefit-Cost Analysis of Integrated Water Resource Management: Accounting for interdependence in the Yakima Basin Integrated Plan. Journal of the American Water Resources Association Early release: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1752-1688.12507/full
- Yoder, Jonathan, Michael Brady, and Joseph Cook. 2016. Water Markets and Storage — Substitutes or Complements for Drought Risk Mitigation? Water Economics and Policy 02, 1650005 (2016) [21 pages] DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S2382624X16500053
- Criticism and response about the WRC study: Exchange between Malloch & Garrity and Yoder, The Water Report, May 2015. Full exchange (two articles and a pair of responses).
- Stecker, Tiffany, Sept. 8 2016. Western Water: Deal could end bitter Wash. Battle, but not everyone’s happy. eenews.net.
- Prengaman, Kate. “Critics of Yakima Basin Integrated Plan say officials don’t listen.” December 27 2015. http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/local/critics-of-yakima-basin-integrated-plan-say-officials-don-t/article_94fe18c0-ad2c-11e5-a7d2-e753c244863d.html
- Bernton, Hal. “Yakima Basin farmers want more water, sooner.” Seattle Times, December 5, 2015. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/environment/yakima-basin-farmers-want-more-water-sooner/.
- Chasan, Daniel. “Cantwell measure allows more irrigation in return for fish, land protections.” Crosscut, November 29, 2105. http://crosscut.com/2015/11/cantwell-measure-allows-more-irrigation-in-return-for-fish-land-protections/.
- Tracy, John. “For IWRM to Succeed, It Must Be Embraced as a Social and Political Process.” American Water Resources Association President’s Column, February 6, 2015. http://awramedia.org/mainblog/2015/02/06/for-iwrm-to-succeed-it-must-be-embraced-as-a-social-and-political-process/.
- Osborn, John, and Ken Hammond. “Guest Opinion: Public Can’t Afford to Subsidize New Water Projects.” The Spokesman Review, January 4, 2015. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jan/04/guest-opinion-public-cant-afford-to-subsidize-new/?print-friendly.
- Prengaman, Kate. “WSU Report Says Water Plan Overvalues Fish Recovery.” Yakima Herald Republic, December 18, 2014. http://www.yakimaherald.com/csp/mediapool/sites/Shared/assets/csp/singleStory.csp?cid=2755687&sid=544.
- Jenkins, Don. “WSU Study: Yakima Basin Projects Don’t Pencil out.” Capital Press, December 15, 2014. http://www.capitalpress.com/Washington/20141215/wsu-study-yakima-basin-projects-dont-pencil-out.Prengaman
- Yakima Basin Integrated Plan Implementation Committee Comments on WRC report draft, posted 12/17/2014. Available at “Implementation Committee Report” under “Integrated Water Resource Management Plan — 2014 Meeting Notes and Handouts”.
- Prengaman, Kate. “WSU Study Challenges Economics of Yakima Basin Water Plan.” Yakima Herald Republic, December 4, 2014. http://www.yakimaherald.com/csp/mediapool/sites/Shared/assets/csp/singleStory.csp?cid=2691547&sid=544.