The State of Washington Water Research Center (WRC) is soliciting research proposals for submission under Section 104(b) of the Water Resources Research Act. The objectives of this program are to sponsor research that fosters (a) exploration of new ideas to address water problems or expand understanding of water-related phenomena, (b) entry, education, and training of future scientists in water resource fields, (c) multidisciplinary research, and (d) dissemination of research results to academic and non-academic audiences.
Although proposals on any water-related topic of relevance to Washington State and the region will be considered, proposals addressing the following priority topics will be given preference:
1. Climate change effects on water supply, demand, and quality.
2. Analysis of policy and law relating to water resource management.
3. Fate and transport of nutrients and emerging contaminants in the environment.
4. Remote sensing of hydrologic systems and/or water use.
5. Applied science and solutions for addressing groundwater decline.
6. Surface-groundwater interactions and conjunctive use management.
This is a great opportunity for early-career faculty to build partnerships with senior faculty, initiate new multidisciplinary collaboration, and support thesis and dissertation research.
We anticipate funding two or three proposals at $27,500 each.
The deadline for proposals is November 15, 2017.
For details, please download the following downloadable RFP and submission guide:
Feel free to contact us with any questions! Contact information below.
State of Washington Water Research Center
WSU PACCAR Building Room 242
Pullman, WA 99164-5825